Harold S. Nathan
He counsels clients regarding mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, contracts, banking and finance. He draws on the support of firm resources and practice groups to address a wide range of matters of concern to his clients, including taxation, intellectual property licensing, real estate, and employment.
Harold began his commercial law practice in Japan and over the years he has continued to represent many clients based in Japan and elsewhere in Asia. Harold also acts for U.S.-based commercial and financial institutions, including insurance companies and community banks. In his representation, he applies his knowledge and experience to a matter by first appreciating and considering the context in which it arises, rather than approaching it from a narrow or entirely specialized perspective.
Harold’s illustrative matters have included:
- Acquisitions, dispositions, and joint ventures in the United States and abroad in the automotive, equipment leasing, chemical, biotechnology, insurance, energy advertising, chemicals, pharmaceutical, machinery, steel, energy, agricultural, and banking industries.
- Review of private equity documentation for multiple investments by a major financial institution.
- Counsel on development projects concerning natural resources and infrastructure.
- Drafting of comprehensive legal compliance programs.
- Negotiating contractual and intellectual property arrangements between government and privately funded biotechnology organizations in Japan and U.S. service providers.
- Organizing and providing legal advice for two New York-based community banks and a property and casualty insurance company.
Boards, Memberships & Certifications
Civic and Charitable Memberships
Harold acts as outside corporate counsel to a US-based not-for-profit organization providing abused and trafficked women and girls in India and Southeast Asia with training in manufacturing commercially attractive products that can be sold through major U.S. retailers.
- American Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
Harold has been an instructor and speaker on corporate law subjects in the United States and in several other countries, including:
- Korea where he spoke about the “Regulatory Implications for Acquisitions of U.S. Biotech Companies.”
- Nigeria and The Gambia where, under UN auspices, he instructed university students in American-style mergers and acquisition practice.