Mark C. Zaander
Mark Zaander brings an exceptional depth of corporate finance and transactional experience to his clients.
Mark Zaander brings an exceptional depth of corporate finance and transactional experience to his clients. Throughout his career, Mark has drawn on this experience as well as in-depth industry knowledge to represent insurance companies, mezzanine and private funds, and other institutional investors in a wide body of financing transactions.
- Mark has represented most of the major United States insurance companies in their private investment transactions. During a typical year, Mark is responsible for managing more than a total of $1 billion of investment transactions for his clients.
- Mark’s experience includes senior unsecured private placements, secured transactions, mezzanine and other highly leveraged financings, project and structured finance transactions, lease financings and equity investments as well as exit transactions. He has represented investing clients in connection with note purchase agreements, subordination agreements, intercreditor and other collateral sharing agreements, as well as stockholders’ and limited liability company agreements, warrants and other equity investment documents.
- Mark also represents an energy project developer with respect to independent power projects, including co-generation and “inside the fence” projects, and represents a registered investment advisor in private fund organization and investment activities.
Boards, Memberships & Certifications
- American Bar Association, Section of Business Law
- American College of Investment Counsel, Former Member and Trustee
Mark was a member of the board of directors of Jane Addams Resource Corporation, a not‑for‑profit organization focusing on job training, work force development and community economic development, from 2000 until 2013. He also served as the Secretary, Treasurer and Board Chair of that organization.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- Illinois Leading Lawyer, Law Bulletin's Illinois Leading Lawyers Network (2006-2021)
- Illinois Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters (2007, 2009, 2011-2012)
- Peer Reviewed AV® Preeminent™, Martindale-Hubbell (Since 1988)
Bar & Court Admissions
- Illinois Bar
- Indiana Bar
University of Chicago Law School, JD, 1976University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, BS, Phi Beta Kappa, 1973