Ivan W. Moskowitz
Ivan practices out of ArentFox Schiff’s New York office at 1185 Avenue of the Americas.
Broadly experienced, he has successfully represented clients in New York City — one of the nation’s most competitive and high-stakes real estate markets — in a full spectrum of high-profile transactions. Ivan’s clients benefit from his deep understanding of the varied pieces needed to complete complex real estate projects. This knowledge, when coupled with his substantial legal experience, allows him to advise and guide his clients through every stage of numerous commercial and residential projects.
In more than 30 years of practice, Ivan has successfully represented clients ranging from significant New York City real estate developers and investors to national companies in some of the city’s most visible transactions. He focuses his practice on real estate development, ground leasing, acquisitions and financings, with a sub-focus in retail leasing.
- Ivan represented the purchasers of 609 Fifth Avenue and their subsequent leasing of the building’s retail portion for American Girl's flagship store in New York.
- Ivan served as counsel for the net ground leasing of 720 Fifth Avenue and the subsequent leasing of the retail portion to Abercrombie & Fitch for their New York flagship store.
- Ivan represented the purchaser of two buildings on 34th Street and a development site on Times Square, which resulted in the closing by the seller of the last Howard Johnson's store in New York City. The Times Square site was subsequently leased to American Eagle for their flagship store in one of the largest retail leases (in terms of gross rent) in New York City, which included almost 15,000 square feet of signage.
- Ivan represented a major New York City building owner in connection with the leasing of 275,000 square feet to a tenant with the option of the tenant to purchase its premises when the building is converted to condominium ownership.
- The purchasers of a prime Fifth Avenue retail condominium unit hired Ivan to represent them in its leasing to major European tenants and subsequent $245 million refinancing.
- Ivan represented the purchasers of a lower Fifth Avenue loft building throughout the conversion of the building to retail and residential condominium units.
- The developers of a 150,000-square-foot retail space on the upper West side of Manhattan called on Ivan to represent them in connection with the leasing of the property to major retail tenants.
- Ivan represented a West Coast retail chain in connection with their opening in the New York City and eastern market.
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York Bar
University of Michigan Law School, JD, 1970Indiana University of Pennsylvania, BA (Econ), 1967
- The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers (2018-2022)
- Peer Reviewed AV® Preeminent™, Martindale-Hubbell (Since 2009)