The firm annually awards up to five second-year law students a $25,000 Diversity Scholarship, and a salaried position in our ArentFox Schiff Summer Program. The scholarship is paid in two installments: $12,500 during the second-year summer and another $12,500 payable when the student returns to ArentFox Schiff as an associate after graduation. Candidates may apply to up to 2 offices with a summer program. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
ArentFox Schiff LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- At time of applying, candidates must be a rising second-year law student in good standing, at an ABA-accredited law school in the US
- Excellent college and law school academic performance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, work experience, and community involvement
- Authorized to work in the US
- Member of a diverse population that historically has been underrepresented in the legal profession
- Must join the ArentFox Schiff Summer Program after their second year of law school
- Have a strong interest in joining the Firm as an associate after law school graduation
Required Application Materials
- Completed electronic Diversity Scholarship Application
- Personal Essay (one page single or double spaced). Please select one of the following prompts:
- Shirley Chisholm famously said, ‘if they don’t give you a seat at the table, bring a folding chair.’ One of Harvey Milk’s best-known quotes is, ‘rights are won only by those who make their voices heard.’ What would be your personal quote, and how does it describe and relate to you?
- Tell us about yourself. What information about you is not reflected in your application or on your resume?
- Why is diversity, equity, and inclusion important to you?
- Law School Transcript (unofficial is accepted)
- Legal Writing Sample (5-10 pages, single or double spaced). Must be exclusively your own work. The sample may be from your legal writing course in law school.
- Contact information of three professional or academic references. (Letters of recommendation are optional.)
Please contact our Attorney Recruitment Department: