Mike supports corporate clients in litigation in a wide range of matters in state and federal courts, including individual consumer claims, class actions, and commercial disputes. Mike has successfully handled all aspects of litigation, from initial investigation to trial. Mike also provides guidance to finance companies with respect to compliance with notice requirements and other provisions of Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
Prior to joining ArentFox Schiff, Mike was an associate at a national full-service law firm. There, in addition to his consumer and commercial litigation practice, Mike was part of a team representing a US investor involved in arbitration before the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes.
Publications, Presentations, & Recognitions
- Co-author, “Regulating Third-Party Funding in Investor-State Arbitration Through Reform of ICSID and UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules: Holding Global Institutions to Their Development Mandates,” The Investor-State Dispute Settlement System: Reform, Replace or Status Quo? (2020)
- “Clayton/Bilcon, Investor-State Arbitration, and International Approaches to Trade and Investment,” 13 MAN.J.INT’L ECON. L., 443 (2016)
Life Beyond the Law
In his free time, Mike enjoys hiking in the Bay Area, running, playing chess, and watching his Boston Celtics routinely come up short in their pursuit of NBA championships.
Bar & Court Admissions
- California Bar
- Massachusetts Bar
- US Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of California
- US District Court, Southern District of California
- US District Court, District of Massachusetts
University of Michigan Law School, JD, 2016Boston College, BA, 2010