Ben has extensive experience in leveraged finance matters with a particular focus on private equity-sponsored acquisition financings.
Ben represents middle-market lenders, investors, sponsors, and portfolio companies in acquisition financings and related debt transactions. He advises clients throughout the entire process of a transaction from structuring to closing and beyond.
- Represented a private office/private equity sponsor in connection with the financing of the carveout acquisition of a major domestic fastener distributor (total committed financing between $250 million and $500 million).
- Represented a private equity sponsor in connection with the club financing of the acquisition of one of the world’s largest providers of communications services to hospitality venues and conference centers (financing between $100 million and $200 million).
- Represented a direct lender in connection with the financing of the acquisition of a leading international provider of IT management and implementation services.
- Represented a seafood production company in the negotiation of first lien accordion and revolver repricing amendments in connection with the repayment of its second lien term loans (resulting first lien financing between $500 million and $1 billion).
- Represented a business development company and its subsidiaries in the refinancing of their existing credit facilities with a $195 million term loan, a $390 million revolving credit facility and $500 million of senior secured notes.
- Represented a U.S.-based private equity sponsor in connection with the financing of its acquisition of an international U.K.-based recruitment company, and subsequent refinancing of its ABL facility (financing between $100 million and $250 million).
- Represented a lender in connection with a business development company’s $100 million revolving credit facility (with an accordion feature to $300 million).
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- “The Global Private Credit Market: 2019 Update,” The ICLG to: Lending and Secured Finance Laws and Regulations (Lending and Secured Finance 2019)
- “Did You Just Commit to a Financing Without Realizing It?,” (co-author) Dechert Global Private Equity Newsletter (Winter/Spring 2018 edition)
- Represented a New York-based organization focusing on the provision of mentoring and networking opportunities for minority entrepreneurs in connection with a proposed minority investment.
- Represented a community organization formed to reduce the incidence of gun-crime in South Brooklyn in its organizational activities.
Boards, Memberships & Certifications
- “On the Roll,” Solicitors of the Supreme Court of England and Wales (2006-Present)
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York Bar
Nottingham Law School, United Kingdom, Diploma of Legal Practice, 2003University of Bristol, United Kingdom, Bachelor of Laws, 2002