Jeffrey D. Skinner
Jeff has represented a diverse group of clients in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, financial services, telecommunications, transportation, technology, and health care. He has practiced in trial and appellate courts throughout the United States, as well as before the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- National counsel to a major building products company in asbestos personal injury lawsuits in state and federal courts around the country.
- Representation of products manufacturers and premises owners in asbestos and silica personal injury lawsuits in state courts around the country.
- Internal investigation on behalf of a medical device manufacturer in response to an FDA warning letter following an allegation that the manufacturer's product caused the death of a patient.
- Counseling an international medical device manufacturer about products liability risks involved with contemplated implantable devices to be introduced to the US market.
- Representation of a nationwide debt collector in class actions alleging violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), 47 U.S.C. § 227, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), 15 U.S.C. § 1692 et seq., and various state statutes regulating debt collection calls.
- Representation of a large investment bank in an arbitration involving a dispute over non-payment of the bank’s fee following successful completion of a $20 million round of financing.
- Representation of national non-profit organizations in disputes concerning control of real property located in California, Texas, Illinois, Virginia, Georgia, and Wisconsin.
- Representation of a plaintiff alleging civil rights violations against the police department of a major US city in three-week federal jury trial resulting in an award of compensatory and punitive damages.
Prior to joining ArentFox Schiff, Jeff was an attorney in the Washington office of an international law firm.
Boards, Memberships & Certifications
- American Bar Association
Jeff has represented a number of clients in pro bono matters, including domestic relations cases, lawsuits involving civil rights violations, and applications for political asylum.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- Washington DC Rising Star, Thomson Reuters’ Washington DC Super Lawyers (2014-2015)
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- California Bar
- US Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Maryland
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Southern District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
New York University School of Law, JD, 2005Georgetown University, BSFS, 2000