Katia practices out of ArentFox Schiff's New York office at 1185 Avenue of the Americas.
Katia has experience in many different phases of litigation, including settlement negotiation, discovery, motion writing and trial. She also defends various types of premises liability actions. Katia served as co-lead counsel in a multi-million dollar premises liability suit that culminated in a very favorable settlement after successful pre-trial motions, opening statements, and cross-examination of the plaintiff.
Before joining ArentFox Schiff, Katia was a judicial intern for the Honorable Harold Baer, Jr. in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. In addition, she was an Appellate Fellow at the Center for Appellate Litigation in New York, where she performed appellate criminal defense work, including an argument before the First Department Appellate Division.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
Katia's publications include:
- "How COVID Has Changed False Advertising Rules," March 9, 2021
- "Recent Developments in Toxic Tort & Environmental Law," 2017
- "GE Salmon: What’s Really at Steak," July 6, 2016
- "Lawsuit Challenges FDA Approval of Genetically Engineered Salmon," April 7, 2016
- "Recent Developments in Toxic Tort & Environmental Law," 2016
Katia's presentations include:
- “Advancement of Women in the Law,” (panelist) Fordham University School of Law, New York, N.Y. , March 28, 2019
- “When Lawyers Go Rogue: Strategies for Handling Difficult Adversaries,” ABA, Section of Litigation Young Advocates, Discover Yourself: Navigating the First Years of Litigation Practice, Newark, N.J., March 26, 2019
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York Bar
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of New York
Fordham University School of Law, JD, magna cum laude, 2014Harvard University, MFA, 2007Dartmouth College, BA, magna cum laude, 2004