Luke E. Harriman
Luke advises high-net-worth individuals and families in comprehensive estate planning. Licensed in both Illinois and Florida, he regularly counsels clients on tax and other implications of changing residency. He also works with both individuals and corporate fiduciaries in estate and trust administration.
- Formulates and implements sophisticated estate and gift tax planning strategies.
- Represents individuals and corporate fiduciaries in all aspects of estate and trust administration.
- Counsels private foundations and public charities regarding corporate governance, federal tax exemption, and state attorney general oversight.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- “Estate planning in an Uncertain Time” CPA Practice Advisor (Nov. 17, 2021)
- “A better Alternative to Withdrawal Rights in Trusts for Children” Investment News (Oct. 13, 2020)
- “Estate Planning for New Parents” First Time Parent magazine (April 2018)
- “529 Plans: Estate Planning Magic” presenter, Southern Arizona Estate Planning Council, (Jan. 21, 2022)
Boards, Memberships & Certifications
- Chicago Estate Planning Council, Chicago Bar Association Trust Law Committee
Life Beyond the Law
Outside of work, Luke enjoys running, cycling, reading science fiction, and playing with his son and twin daughters.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Illinois Bar
- Florida Bar
Chicago-Kent College of Law, JD, class rank 1/272, 2013University of Chicago, BA, Honors, Economics, 2009