Oscar A. Figueroa
Oscar is a results-oriented litigator with broad experience representing clients of all sizes in California superior courts and federal district courts throughout the country. Oscar is trial-tested and has been involved in complex litigation matters from pre-litigation investigations through trial. Oscar is an assertive and prepared advocate when necessary, but also a peacemaker when it better serves a client’s needs and has negotiated dozens of settlement agreements on favorable terms both informally and through mediation.
A sampling of Oscar’s experience includes:
- Being part of a litigation team obtaining a jury award for willful trademark infringement and punitive damages in a two-week jury trial against one of the largest sports apparel companies in the world.
- Being part of a litigation team defending one of the largest PC companies in the world in multiple patent litigations against non-practicing entities that were favorably resolved without any payment from the client.
- Obtaining full dismissal through a motion to dismiss for a third-party payroll and human resources provider in a consolidated class action concerning an alleged data breach.
- Obtaining a favorable non-monetary dismissal of a trademark infringement and trade secret case on behalf of a food company accused of stealing a competitor’s product name and recipe.
- Obtaining a consent judgment on behalf of a popular luxury candy retailer where defendant admitted liability for copying the client’s intellectual property and agreed to a multi-million-dollar judgment.
- Obtaining summary adjudication on behalf of a leading online retailer, which led to a nuisance value settlement, in a case where a former employee alleged discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
- Leading copyright enforcement for a major digital music library.
- Member, Hispanic National Bar Association
- Member, Orange County Hispanic Bar Association
Pro Bono Work
Oscar regularly represents small business owners in ADA disability access matters and low-income tenants in unlawful detainer matters.
Outside of work, Oscar spends time trying to improve his golf swing. Oscar also enjoys watching UCLA sports and the Los Angeles Rams.
Bar & Court Admissions
- California Bar
- US Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Southern District of California
University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, JD, 2016University of California, Los Angeles, BA, with Honors, UCLA Law Fellow 2010-11, 2011