Sarah H. Cohn
Sarah represents clients in all aspects of commercial real estate law, including the financing, leasing, acquisition, development, and disposition of commercial properties in the Washington, DC area and throughout the United States. Sarah has experience representing financial institutions, private equity funds, and other institutional investors in a wide variety of real estate financing, including preferred equity investments, senior secured financing, mezzanine financing, co-lender agreements, loan participation transactions, and intercreditor agreements, as well as experience representing lenders in connection with loan workouts and foreclosures of commercial properties.
- Represented investor in a preferred equity investment in connection with the acquisition of a multifamily property located in Suffolk County, NY.
- Represented lender in a mortgage loan in connection with the acquisition of a hotel portfolio in North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Represented lender in a mezzanine loan in connection with the acquisition and renovation of multifamily property in Wake County, NC and negotiated an intercreditor agreement with the senior lender.
- Represented investor in a preferred equity investment in connection with the development of a multifamily property located in Prince George’s County, MD.
- Represented lender in a construction loan in connection with the development of a multifamily property located in Oakland County, MI.
- Represented lender in the acquisition of an A Note in a construction loan for the development of a multifamily property located in DuPage County, IL.
Before joining ArentFox Schiff, Sarah was an associate in the Northern Virginia office of a large international law firm where her practice focused on real estate transactions. Prior to that, Sarah served as special assistant to the Virginia Secretary of Commerce and Trade in the Office of the Governor of Virginia.
Sarah is a member of the Advisory Board of the Northern Virginia Science Center and a member of the Arena Stage Young Patrons Board in Washington, DC. She is also a member of the Real Estate, Housing, and Land Use Section of the District of Columbia Bar.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
Sarah has been named to “Legal Elite” in Virginia Business five times. She has also been honored as a “Rising Star” by the Advanced Commercial Leasing Institute of Georgetown University Law Center. Sarah was recognized as a 2019 NextGen Real Estate Leader by DCA Live and was named as “One to Watch” in Real Estate Law by The Best Lawyers in America from 2021-2023.
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
William & Mary Law School, JD, Notes Editor, William & Mary Bill of Rights JournalUniversity of Pennsylvania, BA, cum laude