Veronique H. Tu
She counsels and advises on marketing and advertising best practices, unfair and deceptive trade practices related to FTC regulations and guidelines, state consumer protection laws, rights of privacy and publicity, and other advertising and intellectual property issues. She takes the time to understand client’s concerns, perspectives and challenges while working with clients in developing television, radio, text, ecommerce, email, social media and other digital advertising initiatives. She also has expertise in, co-promotion and sponsorship agreements, evaluation of claims substantiation for comparative product/service claims, drafting of terms and conditions, endorsements and testimonials, and general regulatory compliance oversight. She is nimble, sophisticated and creative enough to work with small startups to national brands including automotive OEMs.
Veronique brings in-house experience from more than fifteen years at Campbell Ewald, a national marketing communications agency. As corporate counsel she served as primary legal counsel advising a client roster of blue-chip companies representing a diverse group of industries from government entities such as the NAVY and the U.S. Postal Service to Chevrolet and Kaiser Permanente.
Prior to joining ArentFox Schiff, Veronique represented children and other special needs individuals who were victims of physical and sexual abuse as an assistant prosecutor in the Child Abuse Unit of the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office in Detroit, Michigan.
- Provide advice and guidance to clients in the following areas: new/social media law; wireless; digital media; corporate matters; marketing and advertising issues; consumer privacy law issues including the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA); promotions, sponsorships, and sweepstakes; claim substantiation; violation of publicity rights; consumer generated content; copyright, trademark and other intellectual property issues.
- With the tremendous growth of eCommerce, there is a clear need to provide consumers an online transactional shopping and buying experience. She advised her multinational automobile manufacturer client when it created an eCommerce solution to provide a fully transactional sales experience through its dealer network. The end result is a guided end-to-end digital retail solution with a Reservation, Order, Cart and Checkout experience that combines online convenience and reassurance of a true dealership experience for customers.
Boards, Memberships & Certifications
- New York State Bar Association, Member
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- “They’re Here: The FCC’s New Regulations Under the TCPA – Now What?”, (co-author) ACC Docket (Oct. 25, 2013)
- “New TCPA Rules for Mobile Communications Marketing: Strategies to Avoid Penalties and Lawsuits,” (co-presenter) Stafford, Webinar (Aug. 6, 2014)
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan Bar
- New York Bar
- US Supreme Court
Purdue University, BA, 1988University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, JD, 1992