Darrell Gay Named to Crain’s New York Diverse Leaders in Law
One of only 80 attorneys listed, Darrell was selected among attorneys from the city’s leading law firms who stand out for their counseling; pro bono work; and commitment to community service, philanthropy, professional mentorship, and diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
Darrell is a seasoned veteran and advisor in the labor and employment field. He combines 40-plus years of knowledge and leadership with a deep understanding of business operations to help his clients navigate key employee relations issues that may impact businesses, including concerns that have cultural or political sensitivity. Darrell's practice also focuses on handling internal investigations and offers clients extensive experience with traditional labor matters.
Darrell is a well-known leader in the business community and private bar. He was appointed and served for three years as a Commissioner for the New York State Civil Service Commission. He also played a critical role in the founding and leading several high-profile organizations, including the firm’s Center for Racial Equity, for which Darrell is a founding Board member.
Other notable roles include:
- Metropolitan Black Bar Association, Founding Task Force Chair
- Minority Corporate Counsel Association, Founding Board Member
- National Employment Law Council, Past Chair and Founding Board Member
Additional recognitions and rankings include:
- Crain’s New York Notable Black Leaders & Executives (2021, 2022)
- Who’s Who Legal: Thought Leaders – Labour & Employment (2021, 2022)
- The Best Lawyers in America, Employment Law – Management (2012-2022)
International Who’s Who of Management Labour & Employment Lawyers (2010-2022)
Linda Yun, Marketing Communications Director