Consumer Privacy & Telemarketing
Protecting consumer privacy and data is critical to maintaining the trust of customers and a competitive edge. Such protection, however, is not simply a matter of good business, it is also an increasingly critical legal issue for companies of all sizes.
The attorneys at ArentFox Schiff help clients understand a business’ legal obligations to protect consumer information, including the FCC’s Customer Privacy Network Information (CPNI) rules, the CAN-SPAM Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), as well as state privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act. We take a strategic, proactive approach to privacy planning with the client’s business in mind. ArentFox Schiff has extensive experience in helping its clients draft policies and procedures that meet the evolving legal requirements and help mitigate unnecessary risk and reduce class action exposure.
Our experience includes:
- Successfully handling dozens of nationwide consumer class actions
- Monitoring developments and advocating before legislatures and agencies at both the state and federal level
- Crafting appropriate privacy policies, terms of service, and best practices
- Addressing and resolving data breaches, and responding to related FTC and state investigations
- Conducting compliance audits
Our attorneys are actively engaged in the consumer data privacy conversation. We regularly appear at conferences and industry events related to privacy regulation and advise a wide array of companies and trade associations, with a particular emphasis on mobile marketing and telemarketing compliance.