Energy & Cleantech
Read Our Energy & Cleantech Counsel
Energy & Cleantech Counsel is a comprehensive analysis of the evolution and acceleration of energy technology, taking a wide-ranging view on how the intersection of global events, government initiatives, and private capital affect the entire sector. Our team has decades of experience providing counsel to traditional utilities, infrastructure developers, institutional lenders, and industry investors. We advise on the challenges of an industry in transition and have been involved in developing major state and federal energy legislation that has set the foundations for many of the electric industry policies of today, and in informing the policies of the future.
ArentFox Schiff lawyers are smart in your world. We have been working with the electric power and natural gas industries for decades, and are alongside our clients as they face the practical challenges of operating businesses in times of great change. We advise clients on complying with changing environmental laws, decommissioning facilities, remediation projects, repurposing existing sites, and developing state-of-the-art zero carbon facilities.
We also advise clients developing new energy solutions, whether protecting intellectual property, importing raw materials or finished products, obtaining venture capital, going to market, or deploying new technologies.
We advocate for our clients when their matters bring them to federal and state courts, arbitrators and mediators, and in front of regulatory agencies and commissions. We have been involved in developing major state and federal energy legislation that has set the foundations for many of the electric industry policies of today, and in informing the policies of the future.
And we bring this deep industry experience to bear when advising lenders and investors in the energy sector.
- Traditional electric and natural gas utilities, municipal and cooperative electric suppliers and natural gas local distribution companies (LDCs), owners of electric transmission systems and natural gas and petroleum pipelines
- Energy infrastructure developers, including wind, solar, biomass, and fossil fuel electric generating facilities and transmission systems, merchant (IPP) generation, and battery electric storage systems (BESS)
- Institutional lenders
- Private equity and other investors
- Electricity and natural gas marketers
- Technology companies and manufacturers of energy-related products
- Construction and design companies