Chemicals & Plastics
Chemicals are essential to agriculture, manufacturing, food services, energy services, construction, and just about every other industry. Likewise, plastics have become an integral part of the design and manufacture of products ranging from filtration devices, heavy equipment components, electronics, to everyday household consumer products.
The use and omnipresence of chemicals and plastics in our modern world are possible only because of sophisticated science and thorough research and development. Chemical products are heavily regulated by over a dozen federal laws. But plaintiffs who allege personal injury or property damage from exposure to or use of a chemical or plastic product often rest their causation theories on a less-than-scientific foundation.
Understanding the science behind chemicals and products is critical to an effective evaluation and defense of such allegations. Our lawyers collectively have centuries of experience proving an injury could not have occurred from an alleged exposure to a chemical. Similarly, we have successfully defended time and time again claims of design and/or manufacturing defect involving products made wholly or in part from plastics.
Awards & Honors
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” – National Tier 1
- Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions Law (2013-2022)
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” – Metropolitan Tier 1
- Appellate Practice, Chicago (2014-2022)
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Defendants, Chicago (2012-2022)
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Defendants, New York (2013-2022)
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, San Francisco (2016-2021)