Enforcement & Compliance
ArentFox Schiff advises clients across a broad spectrum of enforcement and compliance issues including their most discreet matters in high stakes situations:
- Investigations related to allegations of bribery, corporate misconduct, corruption, or other high-profile disputes.
- Advice, strategy, and investigatory work related to substance abuse, behavioral health issues (e.g., DUI, domestic violence), and drug testing.
- Tax compliance (international and domestic) related to player transactions.
- Development of safety and/or safeguarding policies and SafeSport compliance services.
- Review and assessment of compliance by national governing bodies with their own Bylaws, the Ted Stevens Olympic and Amateur Sports Act, and United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee Bylaws.
ArentFox Schiff’s government enforcement and white collar attorneys leverage their collective prior government experience and private practice expertise to defend clients in sports-related investigations before various authorities around the globe. In addition, across the categories above, we develop compliance programs and conduct risk assessments, trainings, and policy reviews and modifications, and we are well-versed in handling the most sensitive internal investigations. Our group is recognized for managing parallel matters, and our preemptive work can help sports clients significantly limit their exposure to full-scale regulatory proceedings and enforcement actions. ArentFox Schiff’s attorneys (through their previous government and in-house sports league experience) are uniquely qualified to monitor, manage, and respond to a myriad of legal crises that arise for clients within the sports industry on the state, national, and global levels. In addition, ArentFox Schiff’s attorneys have decades of experience within the Olympic Movement and have managed multiple investigations and reviews for national governing bodies and the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee, as well as advice on requirements of the Safe Sports Act.
Our team includes two former United States Attorneys, a former State Department Official and Presidential Envoy, and scores of former prosecutors. We ensure our clients remain compliant with the various rights, responsibilities, and policies of governing organizations and leagues.
- Cross-Border Investigations
- Anti-Corruption & FCPA
- Compliance Training
- Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health Policy Development
- Player Transaction/Intermediary Tax Compliance
- Safe Sport Policy Development
- Internal Investigations and Compliance Reviews