Litigation, Arbitration & Dispute Resolution
ArentFox Schiff attorneys have a wide range of experience in matters relating to litigation, arbitration, and dispute resolutions. Our dispute resolutions encompass numerous commercial arbitrations, collective bargaining agreements, sponsorship arrangements, and player contracts.
- Court of Arbitration for Sport: Serving as an arbitrator on the Court of Arbitration for Sport since 1997 on multiple cases and appointed to serve for five Olympic Games as part of its ad hoc division.
- American Arbitration Association: Serving on the sports and international panels of the American Arbitration Association and handling numerous commercial arbitrations and cases brought under the US Anti-Doping Agency protocol and the US Olympic Committee Code of Conduct, both as a sole arbitrator and as part of a three-member tribunal.
- UFC: Serving on the UFC Arbitration Panel and appointed as sole arbitrator under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy and UFC Arbitration Rules.
- Mediation: Serving as a mediator in a multi-party dispute involving exclusive sponsorship arrangements and antitrust claims.
- Washington Capitals: Representation of the Capitals in administrative and appellate litigation concerning workers’ compensation claims by NHL and minor league players.
- Washington Capitals: Representation of the Capitals in arbitrations involving grievances by the NHL Players Association under the collective bargaining agreement and standard players contract.
- Washington Wizards: Representation of the Wizards in administrative proceedings and on insurance coverage issues concerning workers’ compensation claims by former NBA players.
- Verizon Center: Representation of DC Arena LP, the operator of the Verizon Center, in union-management relations, collective bargaining, employment disputes and litigation, and civil rights claims involving public accommodations issues.
- US Airways Arena: Representation of the operator of the US Airways Arena in union-management relations, collective bargaining, employment disputes and litigation, and civil rights claims involving public accommodations issues.