ArentFox Schiff attorneys advise clients in connection with various financings, through public and private means, relating to the acquisition of professional sports teams and the development of arenas and stadiums, and the refinancing of teams, arenas, and stadiums.
- NBA League-Wide Financing: Advised numerous NBA teams in connection with their participation in the league-wide financing program that allows NBA teams to tap the league-wide credit facility.
- Tixologi: Advised Tixologi, a start-up blockchain technology-based primary ticketing platform, in its initial capital fundraising.
- Tampa Bay Rays: Representation of the current Tampa Bay Rays ownership group when it purchased the team in 2004. We handled all of the work related to their primary credit facilities and coordination with MLB.
- DC United: Representation of DC United in securing the rights to develop a new state-of-the-art soccer stadium in Washington, DC; negotiated several agreements and assisted with financing and various title issues.
- Maryland SoccerPlex: Representation of a private soccer foundation that runs an athletic complex on state and county park land in Montgomery County, Maryland, in connection with the financing and construction of the complex and the resolution of various legislative issues.
- Brooklyn Nets: Advised the Brooklyn Nets and parent company Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment in financing in connection with the Brooklyn Nets training facility.
- Washington Wizards: Representation of the Washington Wizards, Monumental Sports & Entertainment LP, and DC Arena LP in connection with various financing work, including initial financings, refinancings, bond transactions, acquisition financing, additional financings for improvements, and credit facilities, including with respect to Verizon Center and the Wizards’ participation in the initial NBA League Wide Financing Facility and numerous supplements and modifications to such Facility.
- Triple-A Baseball Team: Representation of ownership group in the acquisition of a triple-A baseball team, including equity financing, acquisition financing, and working capital financing.
- Sports-Focused Media Company: Representation of sports-focused media company in equity financing transactions.
- San Antonio Spurs: Representation of the San Antonio Spurs in connection with a “Hold-Co Financing” with US Bank National Association and its participants.