Adam L. Littman
In his business litigation practice, Adam represents companies and individuals in a wide variety of complex disputes, including cases involving shareholders in closely-held businesses, commercial contracts, real estate and business transactions, non-competition and restrictive covenants, fiduciary duties, trusts and estates, and professional malpractice. Adam has significant experience in all phases of civil litigation, including pre-litigation strategy, written and deposition discovery, motion practice, trial, and appeal. He routinely represents clients in mediations, arbitrations, and administrative proceedings.
Privacy & Cybersecurity
Adam also focuses a large part of his practice on privacy and cybersecurity where he works with corporate clients to proactively manage all aspects of their data privacy and security risks from both a legal and strategic standpoint. Businesses frequently rely on Adam to advise on compliance with domestic and international privacy laws, including the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation and the California Consumer Privacy Act. Adam also guides clients through the process of preparing for and responding to data breaches. Leveraging his litigation skills coupled with his deep understanding of privacy and data security law, Adam is well-positioned to handle litigation, including class actions, arising out of data breaches and violations of privacy and data security laws.
In his employment practice, Adam helps employers navigate all kinds of employment-related issues, including severance agreements, wage and hour laws, and discrimination claims.
- Represented minority shareholders in breach of fiduciary duty, freeze-out, and wrongful termination action, resulting in multi-million dollar jury verdict.
- Represented national foodservice organization in litigation against competitor involving interference with business relations and unfair business practices.
- Led privacy compliance program overhaul on behalf of international sporting goods retailer and product manufacturer.
- Counseled international company through data security incident, investigation, and recovery of cyber insurance proceeds.
- Represented minority shareholder/chief executive officer in action against majority owner/private equity firm for breach of company operating agreements.
- Represented national retailers in class action cases alleging improper collection of consumer data.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment for employer on claims by former employee alleging wage and hour law violations.
- Defended trustees and executors in multi-million dollar action brought against the estate.
Before joining the firm, Adam served as a law clerk to the Justices of the Massachusetts Superior Court where he worked on trials, hearings, and motions in civil sessions, including the Business Litigation Session in Boston. While in law school, Adam was a Note Editor for the Suffolk University Law Review. Adam was previously an attorney at Posternak Blankstein & Lund LLP.
- Boston Bar Association
Publications & Presentations
- “Macy’s customer can’t bring class action over data breach,” Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, November 19, 2020
- “New data breach law raises stakes,” Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, May 9, 2019
- “MCLE: Chapter 93A Rights and Remedies, Litigation Involving Debtor/Creditor Issues,” 2016 and 2019 Supplements
- “Cyber-Risk Awareness: Protect Your Business and Your Brand,” Posternak Blankstein & Lund LLP and Fellsway Group, Presentation; February 2018
- “Protect Your Business from Data Breaches and Cyber Liabilities,” Posternak Blankstein & Lund Client Alert; July 2014
- “MCLE: Massachusetts Liability Insurance Manual, Professional Liability Insurance Issues”, 2011 and 2014 Supplements
Awards & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch (2022 -2023)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer - Rising Star every year from 2013 - 2018
Bar & Court Admissions
- Massachusetts Bar
- US District Court, District of Massachusetts
Suffolk University Law School, JD, magna cum laude, 2008University of Maryland, BA, 2003