Apeksha has experience handling a broad range of regulatory and civil and commercial litigation matters. In addition, Apeksha has helped advise clients through internal investigations and Bank Secrecy Act/anti-money laundering matters.
Apeksha’s noteworthy representations include:
- multiple financial institutions in connection with anti-money laundering issues;
- multiple financial institutions in connection with congressional subpoenas;
- a financial institution in an internal investigation into ethics and compliance issues; and
- a foreign corporation in connection with a DOJ investigation regarding sanctions compliance.
Apeksha also has extensive pro bono experience. Most recently, Apeksha assisted in all phases of litigation in Holmes, et al. v. Moore, et al., 18 CVS 15292 (Wake County, N.C), from the complaint and motion for preliminary injunction up through and including depositions, trial preparation, and witness examinations.
Apeksha previously worked as an associate at an international law firm in its New York office.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- Second Circuit Rejects Evasion-of-Secondary-Sanctions Theory; Upholds DOJ’s Use of Bank Fraud Statute in Sanctions Prosecution, 138 Banking L.J. 89 (2021)
- Into the Shadows: Examining Judicial Language in Revenge Porn Cases, 18 Geo. J. Gender & L. 229 (2017)
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York Bar
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
Georgetown University Law Center, JDNew York University, BA