Barnabas T. Fekete
Barnabas assists with the counseling of start-up, mid-size, and Fortune 50 companies with all aspects of patent and other intellectual property protection including:
- Developing domestic and global strategies for patent landscape-based product development
- Assisting with advising clients regarding patent infringement risk and patent validity for product development, transactions, acquisitions, and mergers
- Developing and maintaining US and international patent portfolios
- Evaluating IP portfolios and performing due diligence in intellectual property matters
- Drafting, negotiating and evaluating license agreements
- Barnabas has drafted over one hundred US and international applications in the medical device, automotive, aviation, firearms and related optics, testing equipment, personal protective equipment (PPE), and manufacturing technologies, with an emphasis on ensuring adequate protection during all phases of product development and production while taking into account competitor products, patent landscape, and developments in jurisprudence
Barnabas was previously a Patent Agent here at ArentFox Schiff and assisted in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications in a wide range of technologies including automotive, aviation, augmented reality, additive manufacturing, and medical devices. Barnabas also provided litigation support and technical analysis and assisted with the evaluation of intellectual property portfolios and in performing due diligence in intellectual property matters.
Prior to joining ArentFox Schiff, Barnabas worked as a patent examiner at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). His primary focus was on measuring, testing, and electrophotography including software, mechanical, electrical, electromechanical, structural, and optical elements.
Barnabas’s pro bono work includes actively assisting the DC Landlord Tenant Resource Center, where he provides both tenants and landlords with legal information related to various housing-related issues.
Barnabas’s previous pro bono work includes researching and providing recommendations to Equal Justice Works for procedures, possible legal implications, and best practices related to the T Nonimmigrant Visa (“T Visa”) for victims of human trafficking.
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York Bar
- US Patent and Trademark Office Bar
The George Washington University Law School, JD, 2017Florida State University, BS, Mechanical Engineering, 2008