Cavas S. Pavri
Cavas assists public and private companies in their capital-raising activities, including public offerings, private placements of equity and debt securities, and mergers and acquisitions.
He counsels public companies in the preparation of 1933 and 1934 Act filings, stock exchange compliance matters, and shareholder matters. He also regularly works with investment banks on a variety of complex securities transactions, including IPOs, registered direct offerings, confidentially marketed public offerings, and PIPEs. In addition, he advises clients on the formation of Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs) or “blank check companies” and the related de-SPACing.
As part of the firm’s China Practice, Cavas has significant experience advising Chinese clients with securities listed on major U.S. securities exchanges and that access the U.S. equity markets. He also advises investment banks doing business with Chinese companies.
- Representing investment banking clients as underwriters’ counsel in IPOs and follow-on public offerings of securities. Completing numerous “overnight” registered offerings as well as confidentially marketed public offerings.
- Advising SPACs on IPOs, acquisitions, and de-SPACing.
- Serving as outside securities counsel to several public companies, including companies listed on the Nasdaq and the NYSE MKT.
- Advising public company clients regarding SEC regulations and corporate governance matters.
- Representing public company clients in IPOs and follow-on public offerings of securities.
- “SEC Issues Final Pay Ratio Rule,” Schiff Hardin Insight (Aug. 13, 2015)
- “SEC Proposes Clawback Rules,” Schiff Hardin Insight (Jul. 15, 2015)
- “Confidentially Marketed Public Offerings (CMPOs) – A (Relatively) New Kid in Town,” Schiff Hardin Insight (Second Quarter 2014)
- “The JOBS Act: SEC Guidance on the Changes to the Registration and Deregistration Requirements under the Exchange Act, (co-author) Securities Alert (Jul. 2, 2012)
- “Confidentiality Agreements and Standstill Provisions; the Delaware Chancery Court Broadly Construes Confidentiality Agreements and Enjoins a Hostile Bid Despite the Absence of Standstill Provisions Relating to Stock Transactions,” (coauthor) Securities Alert (Jun. 26, 2012)
- “The JOBS Act: SEC Guidance on the Confidential Submission Process,” (coauthor) Securities Alert (May 10, 2012)
- “SEC Approves Nasdaq Proposal for Alternative Minimum Bid Price Listing Requirement,” (coauthor) Securities Offerings and Regulation Alert (May 7, 2012)
Speeches & Presentations
- “Uplist Boot Camp Panel,” (panelist) 5th Annual Dawson James Small Cap Growth Conference, Jupiter, Fla. (Oct. 28, 2019)
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- Pennsylvania Bar
- Texas Bar
Georgetown University Law Center, LLM, 1998University of Houston Law Center, JD, 1997University of Texas at Austin, BBA, 1994