Gerald L. Mitchell
Gerry has more than 35 years of experience in commercial real estate leasing transactions (representing both landlords and tenants); commercial real estate financing transactions (representing borrowers and lenders); commercial real estate acquisitions (representing purchasers and sellers); and commercial real estate development work (representing owners in all aspects of development, including entity formation, preparation of land use documents, and negotiation of construction financing).
Gerry’s client work is local and national in scope. Representative matters include:
- Representation of the owners of 101 Constitution Avenue, the closest office building to the US Capitol, in leasing transactions.
- Representation of NASDAQ in connection with its headquarters lease in Times Square, New York.
- Representation of Marriott International on all aspects of the development of the Grande Lakes Resort & Spa in Orlando, Florida, an upscale resort encompassing 500 acres.
- Representation of Marriott International in the development of the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa, the site of the PGA’s annual Valero Texas Open.
- Representation of a significant real estate developer in the development of more than two million square feet of first-class retail and office space in McLean, Virginia.
- Representation of a large financial institution in its establishment of a revolving financing program, and transactions under the program totaling over $900 million.
Gerry has served as chair of the firm’s Professional Conduct Committee for more than 20 years.
Life Beyond the Law
Gerry is a self-described “sports junkie,” and has completed three Marine Corps Marathons.
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
- New York Bar
University of Chicago, JD, cum laude, Order of the Coif, 1984Yale University, BA, magna cum laude, 1979