Jacob K. Danziger
Jacob has worked with clients on class actions and consumer cases and has appeared before both state and federal courts. He has experience handling litigation matters from start to finish, including drafting briefs, managing discovery, preparing expert witnesses, and depositions.
Jacob helps his clients refine their strategy and approach when facing a high volume of individual consumer actions. He has additional experience representing clients in patent litigation, including cases in the US International Trade Commission.
- Secured complete relief from deportation to Iraq for pro bono client in immigration proceedings.
- Successful motion to dismiss complaint in Deppe v. National Collegiate Athletic Association, a case that challenged transfer rules under the antitrust laws.
- Defeated class certification in Rock v. National Collegiate Athletic Association, a case that challenged scholarship rules under the antitrust laws.
- Managed electronic discovery issues and large-scale document productions in multiple matters.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- “Monthly Antitrust Update Program for In-House Counsel,” American Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section, Corporate Counseling Committee (Jan. 10, 2019)
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers (2021-2022)
- A Lawyer Helps Pro Bono Honor Roll, State Bar of Michigan (2019)
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan Bar
- California Bar
- US Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court, Western District of Michigan
- US District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
University of Michigan Law School, JD, magna cum laude, Michigan Journal of Law Reform, Note Editor & Associate Editor, Dean’s Scholarship Merit Award, Certificate of Merit: Mergers and Acquisitions, 2011Mills College, MFA, 2007Columbia University, BA, 2004