Joseph P. Crimmins
With over 30 years of trial experience, Joe practices in the areas of business litigation, including shareholder and partner disputes, employment disputes, including non-competition agreements, insurance coverage, legal malpractice, and probate litigation. Joe also represents clients in real estate tax abatement matters. He has tried dozens of cases to juries, judges, and arbitrators, and has litigated matters in state and federal courts throughout the country.
In addition to his extensive representation of businesses, Joe has obtained many high value settlements and jury verdicts for individuals and families he represented in catastrophic personal injury and medical malpractice cases. Joe is routinely in the courtroom and his unrelenting representation of clients is second nature. Joe was previously an attorney at Posternak Blankstein & Lund LLP.
- Successfully tried to verdict and defended on appeal a seven-figure business dispute representing a Minority Business Enterprise against a general contractor.
- Defended a company against claims for unfair business practices and fraud brought by a national food distribution company.
- Represented a national telecommunications cooperative in a multi-jurisdiction breach of contract claim against a direct broadcast satellite provider.
- Advised insurance companies in coverage determinations, the prosecution of declaratory judgment actions, and defending bad faith litigation.
- Represented both shareholders and partners in numerous closely held business disputes in mediations, arbitrations, and jury trials.
- Represented a family in connection with catastrophic injuries arising out of a construction site accident.
- Represented employees and employers in litigation regarding enforcement of non-competition, non-solicitation, non-disclosure provisions and other restrictive covenants.
- Secured a seven-figure settlement in a medical malpractice claim arising out of a failure to diagnose infectious disease in an infant, resulting in permanent brain injuries and quadriplegia.
- Obtained a seven-figure settlement in a medical malpractice case arising out of a failure to properly treat a pregnant mother resulting in the premature birth of twin boys.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a decedent's family in a complex wrongful death case against a national pet store chain.
- Successfully represented numerous commercial real estate owners in real estate tax abatement matters throughout Massachusetts.
- Defended product manufacturer against claims for personal injury and breach of warranty of merchantability.
- Defended an employer in a class action lawsuit arising out of the Massachusetts Wage Act.
Memberships & Boards
- Boston Bar Association
- World Ocean School: Board of Directors and Executive Committee Member
- Read To A Child
Awards & Recognitions
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- AV Preeminent Rated: Martindale-Hubbell
Life Beyond the Law
Joe enjoys racing his Beneteau First 36.7, “Agora”, with varying degrees of success, and skiing.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Massachusetts Bar
- US District Court, District of Massachusetts
The George Washington University Law School, JD, with honors, 1990Colgate University, BA, 1986