Marina represents equity investors and operating partners on purchases, sales, and financings of office properties, multi-family properties, shopping centers, and loan portfolios. She advises clients on the structuring of joint ventures, including transactions with a “cross-promote” structure and preferred equity components. Marina has experience with Islamic financing and has worked under those guidelines toward favorable solutions for her clients.
Marina also represents landlords and tenants in office, shopping center, and retail leases, as well as borrowers in defeasance transactions and credit line arrangements secured by subscription agreements, loan portfolios, and other non-real property collateral. Marina’s clients include real estate operators, developers, family offices and high net worth individuals.
Marina’s representative matters include:
- Served as transaction counsel for the sponsor of a series of real estate investment funds in connection with the investment of more than $4.5 billion of assets in 43 states involving distressed loan portfolios, REO properties, and multifamily, office and industrial assets.
- Represented an established New York City owner/operator in the acquisition and financing of multifamily/mixed-use assets in New York City, Florida and Texas, including use of IRC 1031 exchange proceeds.
- Represented an operating partner in the recapitalization of a $161 million multifamily property in Maryland.
- Represented borrower in connection with a $195 million securitized mortgage loan secured by 177 office and retail properties.
- Represented a self-storage facilities owner in connection with a net lease and a subsequent sale to a publicly traded REIT.
- Represented an immersive entertainment tenant in connection with location leases in 18 states, including major shopping centers.
- Represented an established New York City landlord in connection with a major restaurant lease in Times Square.
Boards, Memberships & Certifications
- Jewish Child Care Association, Board of Trustees
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York Bar
Boston University School of Law, JD, Boston University International Law Journal - Articles Editor, 1986Barnard College, BA, 1982