Nicholas A. Marten
Nick represents committees of unsecured creditors, secured creditors, unsecured creditors, liquidating trustees, and indenture trustees.
Nick's client work includes:
- Representation of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the restructuring of Shoreline Energy LLC
- Representation of a creditor in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of Bonanza Creek Energy Inc.
Immediately prior to joining ArentFox Schiff, Nick served as a law clerk to the Honorable Robert D. Drain, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for the Southern District of New York. With Judge Drain, he gained experience working on large complex Chapter 11 cases, such as The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company, Inc., and attended numerous mediations.
Nick also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Robert E. Grossman, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for the Eastern District of New York. While attending the St. John’s Bankruptcy LL.M. program, Nick interned with the Honorable Stuart M. Bernstein, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for the Southern District of New York.
Nick is a member of the:
- Turnaround Management Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
He also participates as a judge in the preliminary rounds of the annual Conrad B. Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2024)
Life Beyond the Law
Nick is an avid baseball fan and enjoys cooking, hiking, bicycling, and photography.
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York Bar
- US District Court, District of New Jersey
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
St. John's University School of Law, LL.M., 2013Hofstra University School of Law, JD, 2011California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, BA, 2004