R. Erica Roque
As a recovering CPA, Erica brings over a decade of operational, financial, and auditing experience to her practice. She works with clients in a wide range of industries and at all stages of their life cycles. As a member of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee, Erica also has extensive experience with nonprofit clients, advising on formation, tax exemption, and compliance and governance matters.
- Serves as outside general counsel for numerous fashion companies, including Fila, Joseph UK, and Diane von Furstenberg, handling corporate governance, technology licensing, trademark, distribution and fulfillment, e-commerce, real estate, employment, and restructuring matters.
- Represents clients in various industries with respect to technology transactions, including license and subscription agreements, cloud service agreements, software and website development agreements, professional services agreements, and data privacy agreements.
- Advises charities, public welfare organizations, and trade associations, counseling on corporate structuring and governance, membership, contracts, data licensing and privacy, and risk management matters, including managing vendor and partnership relationships.
- Managed the negotiation of all broadcast, sponsorship, venue, and production agreements in connection with a major televised fashion show.
- Represented a multi-billion dollar American global manufacturer of confectionery, pet food, and other food products in the drafting and negotiating of global outsourcing technology service agreements valued at over $500MM.
- Represented a national public welfare organization with 35MM+ members in connection with an affiliation of a public charity to bring the organizations under common control.
- Represented a multi-million dollar software company in connection with a merger with its main competitor.
Erica has authored the following publications:
Bloomberg BNA Tax and Accounting Portfolio 5200, Accounting for Not-for-Profit Organizations
Bloomberg BNA Tax and Accounting Portfolio 5450, Compilations and Reviews of Financial Statements
Prior to joining ArentFox Schiff, Erica was a principal at a Virginia-based public accounting firm. Before that, she was a transactional attorney for a Fortune 200 American global technology and services corporation.
Life Beyond the Law
As a lover of TV and most science fiction, Erica can be found most weekends either binge-watching her favorite shows or, if it’s July, at Comic-Con.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Virginia Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
George Mason University School of Law, JD, 2011The George Washington University, BA, 2004