Antitrust & Competition Law
Our experience spans the spectrum of federal and state antitrust practice: contracts, pricing, and distribution strategy; competitor, customer, and class action litigation; government investigations; and matters at the intersection of intellectual property and antitrust.
Our experience in antitrust law and regulation, combined with our extensive industry knowledge, enables us to provide effective insight and practical counseling. We work closely with client teams to develop tailored, cost-effective strategies for their antitrust challenges. Our track record of success speaks for itself.
How We Help
- Litigation under the Sherman Act, Clayton Act, Robinson-Patman Act, and related state laws, on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants, and including defending against class actions, mass actions, and multi-district litigation (MDL)
- Responding to government civil and criminal enforcement
- Counseling on day-to-day business strategy and contract terms for antitrust compliance considerations involving benchmarking and information exchanges; vertical pricing (e.g., resale price maintenance (RPM), minimum advertised price (MAP) programs, Colgate programs, and MSRP); distribution management; Robinson-Patman Act price discrimination compliance and strategy; and joint venture considerations
- Advising clients about the potential antitrust implications of algorithmic and AI-based pricing models, benchmarking, and information exchanges
- Merger review by the Department of Justice or Federal Trade Commission
- Advising the boards of public, private, and member-governed organizations like trade associations, cooperatives, and multiple listing services
- Responding to subpoenas
- Preparing witnesses to testify in antitrust proceedings and depositions
- Establishing trade groups, bylaws, and rules