Employee Stock Ownership Plans
We help clients use ESOPs to:
- Create liquidity on a tax-advantaged basis
- Full broad-based employee ownership
- Facilitate management-led buyouts (MBOs) of businesses, portfolio companies, divisions, or subsidiaries
- Enable roll-up transactions
- Execute private equity investments on a tax-advantaged basis
We also represent ESOP companies in on-going compliance and regulatory matters including IRS and DOL audits and litigation. In addition, our attorneys represent ESOP fiduciaries in litigation matters.