Smart In Your World
The Firm has been involved with numerous public-private partnerships (P3s) involving, among other things, Federal government-owned buildings, student and faculty housing for public and private colleges, and health care facilities.
We have extensive experience in the use of public financing to facilitate the development of facilities to be leased to the Federal government, as well as to state and local government and public entities, including courthouses, hospitals, research facilities, and jails, including in restructuring public-private partnership transactions. Our Finance attorneys work closely with our Government Relations, with a long-standing representation of the General Services Administration (GSA), and Government Contracting colleagues.
- Represented the developer with respect to the 3 million square foot Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, DC, the first federal building in Washington designed for both governmental and private sector purposes.
- Represented Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. with respect to the conversion of a Federal prison that is a National Historic Site into a mixed-use artists facility in Lorton, Virginia winning The Bond Buyer’s Southeast regional deal of the year award.
- Represented the developer with respect to the $1.8 billion Washington Navy Yard development in Southeast Washington, DC, Washington’s largest urban waterfront development.
- Represent national non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations whose missions include assisting state and local governments in lessening the burdens of government, public and non-profit education, health care, and affordable and senior housing by financing facilities for such entities.
- Represent the developer tasked by a large City with the redevelopment of an abandoned shopping center into a $2 billion “new town in town.”
- Represent public-private partnership with a city in connection with a $400 million transit-oriented mixed-use development.
- Represented investors in the $1.6 billion 3 World Trade Center financing, the largest unrated tax-exempt financing done at the time. This project is comprised of a 2.5 million square foot office building, retail space in an underground mall integrated into the WTC Center transportation hub.
- Represented the lead intermediary with respect to the multi-billion New York City program to provide residents assistance as a result of the damage caused by Hurricane Sandy.
- Represented the developer and team in the development of DC United Soccer Stadiums in Washington, DC and Loudon County, VA.