Our lawyers have extensive experience representing REITs in all aspects of their real estate acquisitions and dispositions and credit transactions, including credit facilities, term loans, and mortgage loans.
We represent both issuers and underwriters in capital-raising transactions for REITs. We advise publicly traded REITs with respect to their public offerings and public reporting and compliance requirements with the Securities and Exchange Commission and the national stock exchanges. Our attorneys also represent publicly registered, non-traded REITs in organizing and structuring their public offerings, including compliance with the SEC’s disclosure requirements and FINRA’s rules, as well as state “blue sky” securities compliance. We also represent so-called “private” REITs, such as those whose principal direct or indirect owners are certain types of exempt organizations.
- Washington Real Estate Investment Trust, a publicly traded REIT, for more than 50 years in connection with the acquisition and disposition of approximately $1.5 billion of various types of real estate assets, including office buildings, industrial/flex buildings, multifamily residential apartment buildings, and retail shopping centers in the greater Washington, DC, metropolitan area and surrounding communities.
- A private REIT affiliate of Quadrangle Development Corporation in connection with the acquisition and subsequent disposition of the National Press Building in Washington, DC.
- RLJ Lodging Trust in connection with its initial public offering. RLJ Lodging Trust is now a self-advised, publicly traded real estate investment trust, with a portfolio consisting of more than 140 hotels in 20 states and the District of Columbia, and more than 20,600 rooms.
- Getty Realty Corp., a publicly traded REIT, in connection with sale and leaseback transactions involving 37 gasoline stations located in Prince Georges County, Maryland, and 60 gasoline stations located in various counties surrounding New York City.
- Paladin Realty Income Properties, Inc. in connection with its publicly registered follow-on offering of common stock.