Andrew R. Levin
Andrew represents a broad range of public and private US and international corporations and real estate developers, in commercial litigation and arbitration.
Andrew also has significant experience in counseling principals of close corporations and partnerships in intra-company disputes. In addition to his commercial litigation work, Andrew counsels national and international manufacturers and distributors of consumer goods, industrial machinery, power tools, automobiles, gas valves, and ladders. He specializes in defending claims involving catastrophic injuries and significant property damage where there are allegations of design or manufacturing defects or failure to warn.
Andrew approaches each matter with focus and responsiveness and with an eye to the business implications for his clients. Although he recognizes that some cases are better resolved by mediation or negotiation, Andrew is an experienced trial attorney who has tried cases in the federal and states courts and is unafraid, when necessary, to take a case to trial. Andrew was previously an attorney at Posternak Blankstein & Lund LLP.
- Representation of a real estate developer in a three-week trial that resulted in a $4.4 million judgment in favor of the client.
- Representation of a major national retailer in a three week trial in the BLS involving a claim by the retailer that it was due a recovery of several million dollars as the result of tax overcharges.
- Representation of a real estate developer in a two week bench trial against his investors who refused to continue to fund a development project resulting in the failure of the project.
- Representation of an automobile manufacturer in a three week trial in Vermont federal court involving a claim that the defective design of the vehicle had caused the plaintiff to suffer catastrophic injuries in a rollover accident.
- Representation of a real estate developer in a dispute with his general contractor regarding the terms of the development contract.
- Representation of the director of a closely held corporation on claims that the director had breached his fiduciary duties to the corporation in connection with a dispute with a related company.
- Representation of the shareholder of a closely held corporation arising out of a dispute regarding another shareholder’s actions in preventing a development project from moving forward.
- Representation of a gas valve supplier in a product liability action arising out of the death of the resident in an apartment building due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Representation of a compressor manufacturer in a claim arising out of the alleged failure of a compressor used in a freezer storing biological samples valued at hundreds of thousands of dollars and in a related claim seeking indemnification from the freezer manufacturer.
- Representation of an international supplier of custom blinds in a contract dispute with the general contractor over the supply and installation of custom blinds in a major museum.
- Representation of an investment company in a dispute involving a fee owed for the brokerage of interests in certain life insurance policies.
- Boston Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- Co-Author, “The Solvent-Debtor Exception Is Given New Life," ABI Journal, January 2022. This article was selected for inclusion in Best of ABI 2022: The Year in Business Bankruptcy.
- The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers (2021-2024)
Bar & Court Admissions
- Maine Bar
- Massachusetts Bar
- New Hampshire Bar
- Vermont Bar
- US Court of Appeals, 1st Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- US District Court, District of Massachusetts
- US District Court, District of New Hampshire
- US District Court, District of Vermont
- US District Court, District of Maine
University of Pennsylvania Law School, JD, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 1995University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School, BS, cum laude, 1992
- The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers (2022-2023)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer (2013-2018)
- Super Lawyer, Rising Star (2007-2010)