Anne-Carmene represents clients on various financing transactions, including transactions involving multifamily housing, manufactured housing, seniors housing, and affordable housing. Anne-Carmene also counsels clients on title matters and property management concerns, and has experience with domestic and cross-border matters involving project finance and workouts.
Anne-Carmene’s representative matters include:
- Represented Fannie Mae in an over-$1 billion financing of a portfolio of 120 manufactured housing properties located in 13 states across the country, its largest Manufactured Housing Communities transaction to date. The transaction required an unprecedented coordination of two Fannie Mae lenders working together on separate credit facilities with the same borrower, and a unique structuring of a lock box system to address a challenging cash management system utilized by the sponsor.
- Represented Fannie Mae in a $700 million financing of seniors housing properties in a multi-state pool and counseled on various local law and regulatory concerns.
- Represented subordinate bondholders in restructuring over $120 million in debt in connection with a luxury vacation home development in Mexico.
- Represented Mitsui & Co., Ltd. in the formation of a joint venture in Brazil with the transportation arm of a Brazilian conglomerate. The JV has an investment plan of approximately US$6.5 billion and develops and operates public-private partnership (PPP) projects in the Brazilian urban mobility transportation market.
- Represented a global real estate investment partnership affiliated with M3 Capital Partners in the refinancing for Quraz (Japan’s largest self-storage company) and all of Quraz’s self-storage properties.
- Represented Cerro de Aguila in its $595 million financing of a 525-MW hydroelectric power plant in Peru. Project Finance magazine recognized the transaction as a 2013 Latin American Power Deal of the Year.
Anne-Carmene previously worked at an international law firm and practiced in both the New York and Tokyo offices.
From 2015-2018, Anne-Carmene served as a Trustee on the Board of Trustees of Prep for Prep, a leadership development program based in NYC that provides access to superior education and life-changing opportunities for smart and dedicated students of color.
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York Bar
Columbia Law School, JD, 2008Harvard University, BA, 2003