ArentFox Schiff is a go-to patent firm for Japanese companies with a US footprint. Our patent practice has its origins in a Japanese boutique firm that merged with ArentFox Schiff nearly two decades ago. As a result, the “back office” at our firm includes dedicated staff for docketing, formalities, and other specialized patent prosecution functions, in addition to the standard secretarial support for our attorneys and agents. We have often secunded attorneys with our clients, so they can better understand their company and culture.
In addition to these services, we are a destination shop for Japanese companies in every area of intellectual property and corporate transactional work. When necessary, we collaborate with a select network of premier foreign counsel and connect clients with top experts throughout Japan.
Our team frequently advises clients in the automotive, technology, and telecommunications sectors.
International Compliance & Dispute Resolution
- Anti-corruption counseling and compliance
- World Bank compliance monitorship
Regulatory & Government Affairs
- Labeling and advertisement restrictions/compliance
- National advertisement review boards
- Analysis and risk assessments on product claims
- Data security, collection and use
- Marketing strategies and promotions
- Patent portfolio management
- Trademark enforcement
- Licensing and assignment
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Counterfeit and Gray Market goods investigation and seizure
- Related Industries
- Related Practices