Jennifer DePalma represents technology companies at all stages of growth in transactions and general corporate matters. Her experience includes the negotiation of mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances, and financings, as well as counseling boards on corporate governance matters. She serves as primary outside counsel to private and public companies and handles alternative investments for clients in the private equity, hedge fund, and venture capital space.
Jennifer has significant experience in company and investor-side representations in complex capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings and PIPEs, and venture capital and private equity financing transactions in the United States and Asia. She represents publicly traded and privately held companies in both domestic and cross-border merger and acquisition transactions, significant recapitalizations, corporate partnering arrangements, the formation of joint ventures, and other strategic alliances.
- Leads negotiations on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic alliances for technology companies, often on the sell-side
- Represents companies and investors in financing transactions, including venture capital financings
- Structures investments for hedge fund and private equity investors in private and small-cap public companies
- Serves as a business advisor to innovative companies, investors and financial institutions, many with operations in Silicon Valley
- Significant cross-border experience representing companies in Asia, including in the People’s Republic of China, and representing entities and funds investing in such companies
Jennifer was formerly general counsel and head of operations for an emerging company in the financial technology industry and has significant experience in biotech, healthcare, financial technology, and blockchain matters. After law school, Jennifer served as a law clerk to the Honorable Edith Brown Clement of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Jennifer is recognized by Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” in the area of mergers and acquisitions in Northern California and by the Legal 500 United States in the industry areas of healthcare and life sciences.
Bar & Court Admissions
- California Bar
- New York Bar
University of Chicago Law School, JD, 2001Princeton University, AB, cum laude, 1996