Kylie S. Wood
Kylie has experience conducting large-scale discovery, deposition preparation, and drafting motions to dismiss, memoranda, and briefs. Notably, she drafted a reply brief for the Illinois Supreme Court successfully arguing against the 100-year-old “Testing the Waters” doctrine.
As a member of the Independent Monitoring Team (IMT) that oversees implementation of the multi-year consent decree outlining reforms for the Chicago Police Department (CPD), Kylie works closely with the experts who assess compliance. She also assists the Consultant Team that is responsible for overseeing the Agreement between the City of Chicago and the American Civil Liberties Union of Illinois regarding Fourth Amendment practices.
- Assisted on trial team for hospitality client in multi-party antitrust lawsuits involving claims under the Sherman Act.
- Assisted on the team for large public university in ongoing significant breach of contract and class action matters.
Boards, Memberships & Certifications
- Chicago Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, Community Big & Development Committee Member
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- “More Like a Chess Match, a Poker Game, or Family Feud? Preparing Representatives of Franchise Entities for Rule 30(b)(6) Depositions,” ABA Franchise Law Journal, Vol. 42, No. 1 (Summer 2022)
- “Explainer: A Look at the Recent Supreme Court Decision in Muiña and the Meaning of ‘2×1’,” (co-author) WSC Alert, (Jun. 2017)
Bar & Court Admissions
- California Bar
- Illinois Bar
- US District Court, Southern District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Indiana University Maurer School of Law, JD, magna cum laude, 2019Indiana University, BA, with distinction, 2014