Malerie Ma Roddy
Malerie counsels clients in the juvenile products, food and beverage, automotive, and consumer home goods industries. Working on cases throughout the country in state and federal court, Malerie’s broad experience includes multidistrict civil litigation and governmental investigations. She also advises clients at all stages of product development and sales.
A food law enthusiast, Malerie enjoys writing about the latest industry trends for the firm’s blogs and other publications. Before joining ArentFox Schiff, Malerie was a litigation associate in the New York office of an international law firm.
Boards, Memberships & Certifications
- American Bar Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Pathfinder (2020)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Member
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- Food Court: Labeling and Recent Developments,” The Chicago Bar Association’s Food and Beverage Law Committee, Webinar (Apr. 17, 2023)
- “Label & Claims: Legal and Regulatory Review,” The Hatchery Chicago, Chicago, Ill. (Sep. 10, 2019, Jun. 9, 2020
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers (2024)
Malerie is a co-chair of ArentFox Schiff's Chicago Volunteer Legal Services clinic which provides low incomes individuals across Chicago access to legal services. Malerie provides pro bono legal services through the Chicago Volunteer Legal Services and ACLU, primarily in the areas of family law and reproductive rights.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Illinois Bar
- New Jersey Bar
- New York Bar
- US District Court, District of New Jersey
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
St. John's University School of Law, JD, 2012University of Virginia, BA, 2010