Sara represents private and public companies, financial sponsors, and business owners across a wide range of industries, including private equity, banking, investment management, healthcare, telecommunications, equipment machinery and consumer products and services.
Sara’s core practice involves advising clients in connection with mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
Sara also advises clients on cross-border transactions, restructurings, joint ventures and other complex transactions, as well as regulatory compliance, business formation, and ongoing corporate governance issues, and has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements.
- Advised a family-owned manufacturing business in the sale of multiple business divisions.
- Represented Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) in its dispositions of Jostens Inc., the Minnesota maker of school memorabilia and class and championship rings, to private equity firm Platinum Equity for approximately $1.3 billion; Levolor and Kirsch window covering brands to Hunter Douglas for approximately $270 million; and Rexair business to investment funds affiliated with Rhône Capital, a global private equity firm.
- Represented Altaris Capital Partners in numerous acquisitions and dispositions, including its take-private acquisition of Analogic Corporation for approximately $1.1 billion, its acquisition of Padagis for approximately $1.55B, and its acquisition of Kindeva Drug Delivery for approximately $650m, and its dispositions of Paramit, CSafe Global and Healthcare Staffing Services.
- Represented The Randolph Group in the sale of its Vandor business to Bioworld Merchandising.
- Represented Consolidated Communications Holdings, Inc. in the sales of its Enterprise Services equipment and IT Services business and of its subsidiary Consolidated Communications of Iowa Company.
Boards, Memberships & Certifications
- American Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Pathfinders Program 2017
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York Bar
- Washington Bar
Fordham University School of Law, JD, Fordham Law Review-Associate Editor; Fordham Moot Court Board-Wormser Competition Editor; Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award Recipient, 2011Columbia University, BA, 2006