Sarah L. Lode
Sarah handles complex litigation and regulatory matters under federal, state, and local environmental and permitting laws as well as advises clients on environmental compliance prior to disputes arising.
Sarah has experience drafting memoranda, motions for summary judgment, motions to dismiss, and discovery requests in federal and state courts. She also reviews and manages large-scale document reviews to assist clients in a variety of circumstances including litigation discovery, company transitions, and settlement discussions. Sarah’s experience helps her to swiftly absorb key case facts, understand client goals, and quickly turn to developing creative potential solutions.
Boards, Memberships & Certifications
- Public Interest Law Initiative, Alumni Network Leadership Council, PILI Graduate Fellow Representative (2019)
- Girl Scouts of America
- American Legion Auxiliary
During her time as a Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) Graduate Fellow at the UIC John Marshall Veterans Support Legal Center and Clinic, Sarah worked closely with veterans to complete discharge upgrades and veteran’s benefits appeals.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
Sarah's recent speeches include:
- “Proposed Changes to 401 Water Quality Certification Rules Could Entail Project Delays,” (co-author) Water Conditioning and Purification Magazine (WC&P) (Aug. 15, 2022)
- “Accessing Justice: The Interplay of Design Thinking, Legal Education, and Technology,” Indiana Journal of Law & Social Equity, Access to Justice Symposium, Bloomington, Ind. (Feb. 2017)
Bar & Court Admissions
- Illinois Bar
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Indiana University Maurer School of Law, JD, summa cum laude, 2019Ferris State University, BS, magna cum laude, 2015Ferris State University, AAS, magna cum laude, 2015Joliet Junior College, AA, high honors, 2013