She has helped file procedural motions to challenge the admissibility of causation evidence, assessed toxicology exposure assessments, and analyzed companies’ historical factual development to create defense strategies for ongoing litigation. Sony has taken depositions of plaintiffs and other fact witnesses and has sharpened her writing skills by drafting dispositive motions and effective client communications.
Sony is committed to pro bono legal work and has worked on matters involving civil rights, immigration law, and constitutional law issues.
- Hon. Cheryl Pollak, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, Law Clerk (2016-2017)
Boards, Memberships & Certifications
- New York State Bar Association
- Young Center for Immigrant Children’s Rights Clinic, Student Advocate (2016-2017)
- Orleans Public Defenders, Spring Break of Service Volunteer (2015)
As a summer associate, Sony worked on a Section 1983 civil rights case advocating on behalf of a formerly incarcerated individual with claims of mistreatment and refusal of medical care.
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York Bar
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
University of Chicago Law School, JD, The University of Chicago Legal Forum-Articles Editor; The University of Chicago Corporate Lab Transactional Challenge-Finalist, 2016Duke University, BA, summa cum laude; The Chronicle-Associate Editor/Columnist/Staff Writer; Phi Beta Kappa; Dean’s List with Distinction, 2013New College Oxford University, Summer Program, 2012