Steve E. Isaacs
Steve’s client relationships are built on a comprehensive understanding and identification of his clients’ needs and objectives. He works closely with his clients to craft strategically appropriate solutions to achieve their desired objectives.
In today’s fast-paced transaction climate, Steve places a particular emphasis on providing quick, clear and solution-driven responses that address the needs of his clients. This approach has produced successful results for a number of high-profile M&A and capital raising transactions.
Steve also helps private and public companies successfully navigate a broad range of other transactions, including joint venture, recapitalization, restructuring and equity financing transactions. He also advises clients on ’33 Act and ’34 Act securities and compliance matters, board governance matters, and general corporate matters.
Steve's representation of clients in domestic transactions includes:
- BK Medical in its agreement to be sold to GE Healthcare for $1.45 billion.
- Altaris Capital Partners in its $1.1 billion take-private acquisition of Analogic Corporation, named by Forbes as one of 2018’s ten largest health care private equity deals.
- Newell Brands in its acquisition of a number of significant businesses, including Rubbermaid, Calphalon, PaperMate and Waterman; and in its disposition of businesses including Little Tikes, Anchor Hocking, Mirro and Burnes.
- Altaris Capital Partners in its majority recapitalization of Minnetronix Medical, Inc.
- Kraft Foods in the sale of its Fruit2O and Veryfine beverage lines.
- Altaris Capital Partners in its acquisitions of G&H Orthodontics, Clearwater Compliance, Senior Helpers, Paramit, CMP Pharma, and HealthTronics, and its dispositions of CSafe Global, Ci Medical Technologies, International Medical Group, Healthcare Staffing Services, and Oso BioPharmaceuticals.
- Code, Hennessy & Simmons in its acquisition of TruckPro.
- Prudential Capital Partners in its acquisitions of Fabrico and ABRA.
- Industrial Opportunity Partners in its acquisition of Roadtrek Motorhomes.
- Cole-Parmer Instrument Company in its sale to Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Steve’s representation of clients in international transactions includes:
- Emaar Properties in its acquisition of John Laing Homes.
- Dorel Industries in its acquisition from Pacific Cycle of the Schwinn, Mongoose and GT bicycle businesses.
- Creganna Medical in its sale to Permira and in its acquisition of Avalon Medical Services.
- Intermatic Incorporated in its acquisition of Grässlin from General Electric.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- The Legal 500 United States – Leading Lawyer, M&A/Corporate and Commercial: M&A – Middle-Market (Sub-$500m) (2017-2021)
- Illinois Leading Lawyer, Law Bulletin’s Illinois Leading Lawyers Network (2009-2021)