Victoria F. Wiener
Victoria’s practice is focused on construction law, including representing construction project owners and developers, architects, engineers, interior designers, consultants, project managers, owner’s representatives, construction managers, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
Victoria represents clients in litigation and transactional matters in connection with private and public construction projects. Victoria’s litigation practice involves complex commercial litigation with a focus on construction litigation. Victoria regularly negotiates and drafts agreements covering the services or work, respectively, to be provided by project owners and developers, architects, engineers, interior designers, consultants, project managers, owner’s representatives, construction managers, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
Victoria also works on corporate/business transactions for professional and non-professional clients. She has provided ongoing corporate legal services and counseling to clients by assisting in forming and organizing corporate entities, preparing operating agreements and management and ownership succession agreements. She has also assisted in real estate transactions, including closings.
Some examples of the types of projects Victoria has worked on are:
- Drafted and negotiated agreements and general conditions on behalf of project owners, design professionals, contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers for the design and construction of corporate offices, health care facilities, single and multi-family housing, retail spaces for fashion clients, educational facilities, hospitals, power plants, car dealerships, high-end residences, museums, and public infrastructures.
- Drafted and negotiated master services agreements on behalf of project owners and developers, architects, engineers, contractors and project managers/owner’s representatives.
- Drafted and negotiated design-build agreements for improvements to industrial parking lots, industrial buildings, educational facilities, and car dealerships.
- Drafted home improvement agreements for the provider of sustainable geothermal heating and cooling systems on its construction contracts for residences in the Northeast.
- Advised clients in disputes concerning mechanic’s liens, lien law trust funds, and lien priorities.
- Represented a private school in litigation with the general contractor for its renovation and modernization of its campus buildings.
- Represented a museum in connection with litigation and mediation against the construction manager of a project involving the modernization of a state-of-the-art building, and in project close-out issues.
- Represented an interior designer in connection with litigation and mediation against the contractor for its construction of a high end furniture store and adjoining restaurant.
Prior to joining ArentFox Schiff, Victoria worked as an associate at a mid-sized firm in New York. She also worked as a licensed real estate agent prior to attending law school.