Arent Fox Announces 2021 Promotions to Partner
“We are proud of this talented class of newly promoted Partners. On behalf of the Partnership, I am happy to congratulate them on all they have already accomplished and look forward to working with them as they continue their successful careers at Arent Fox.”
Firmwide Managing Partner Cristina A. Carvalho
Our New Partners
Colin J. Harrington | Patent
Colin focuses on the prosecution and transactional aspects of patent law, primarily in electrical and mechanical arts.
- He has extensive experience working with clients who develop 5G/LTE/3GPP networks, as well as many types of software, including operating systems, network management, and machine learning applications. Colin also has experience in automotive, manufacturing, RFID/NFC technology, drug delivery devices, and surgical devices.
- His practice is focused on patent prosecution and helping clients develop patent portfolios that maximize inventions’ value.
- Colin advises clients regarding patent infringement risk and patent validity for transactions and product development.
Before joining Arent Fox, Colin was an attorney at an Alexandria, Virginia-based law firm.
Emily M. Leongini | Food, Drug, Medical Device & Cosmetic
Emily provides strategic regulatory advice to companies in FDA-regulated industries.
- Emily helps clients navigate legal and regulatory requirements implemented and enforced by the FDA, US Department of Agriculture, Federal Trade Commission, Drug Enforcement Administration, and their state counterparts.
- She works with clients in virtually every FDA-regulated industry, with a particular focus on supporting consumer health, wellness, and beauty product industries and the cannabis, hemp, and CBD industries.
- Emily provides strategic advice on a wide range of regulatory, compliance, enforcement, and transactional matters. She helps clients develop regulatory strategies for launching and promoting their products and complying with post-marketing requirements, navigate regulatory inspections, recalls, and import refusals, and manage commercial relationships, including the acquisition and sale of products and companies.
Before joining Arent Fox, Emily worked at the US Food and Drug Administration for six years.
Adam L. Littman | Complex Litigation, Privacy, Cybersecurity & Data Protection
Adam’s practice focuses on business litigation, privacy and cybersecurity, and employment.
- Adam represents companies and individuals in a wide variety of complex disputes, including those involving closely-held businesses, commercial contracts, corporate and real estate transactions, unfair competition, trade secrets, non-competes and restrictive covenants, wage and hour laws, and fiduciary duties.
- He counsels consumer-facing businesses on compliance with established and emerging domestic and international data privacy laws.
- Adam leads clients through the process of preparing for and responding to cybersecurity incidents. He also defends companies in privacy and data breach class actions.
After a clerkship with the Justices of the Massachusetts Superior Court, Adam was an associate at Posternak Blankstein & Lund LLP until Arent Fox’s merger with Posternak in January 2019.
Michael P. McMahan | Automotive
Mike focuses his practice on representing automobile dealerships and their principals in high-stakes disputes with automotive manufacturers.
- He represents dealers of almost every major brand of vehicle sold in the United States, helping dealers and their principals navigate lawsuits from the filing of a complaint to discovery, depositions, and trial, and all the way through appeals.
- Mike has a broad background of experience in complex litigation.
Before joining Arent Fox, Mike was an associate at the New York office of a large, international firm and handled a variety of matters ranging from insurance coverage to securities fraud.
Anthony D. Peluso | Trademark
Tony works with clients in various industries and of all sizes on domestic and global brand protection issues.
- Tony regularly counsels in-house legal and brand development teams on how to choose and protect strong new brands.
- He manages several large international trademark portfolios at Arent Fox and works closely with local counsel around the world to protect our clients’ global intellectual property interests.
- Tony advises clients on domestic and global intellectual property issues, including worldwide trademark, trade dress, and copyright protection and enforcement, the selection and clearance of trademarks and entertainment titles, global advertising campaigns and brand rollouts, right of publicity issues, and licensing.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Tony earned his JD from the George Mason University School of Law, was the executive editor for the George Mason Law Review, and served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Anthony J. Trenga of the US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
Diane Roldán | Health Care
Diane is a litigator who specializes in representing hospitals and medical staff.
- She also counsels midsize businesses, national corporations, and investors in state and federal court litigation and arbitration.
- Diane specializes in representing health care clients throughout California in complex litigation, peer review proceedings, and administrative hearings.
- She also advises health care clients on regulatory reporting, credentialing procedures, and fair hearing rights.
Prior to joining Arent Fox in 2012, Diane clerked for the Honorable John R. Fisher of the DC Court of Appeals in Washington, DC. Diane received her law degree from Stanford Law School.
Sara T. Schneider | Complex Litigation
Sara handles complex commercial matters, including intellectual property, unfair competition, labor and employment, and high value contractual and tort litigation.
- Her IP litigation practice includes trade secret, trademark, trade dress, and patent infringement.
- She is a trusted advisor to clients in the health care, fashion, and alcohol beverage industries.
- Sara’s notable work includes representing a medical supplier in a high-value patent infringement and unfair competition (false advertising) dispute, advising a Fortune 500 company in a trademark dispute with a former licensee, and defending a medical device company and individual employees against high-stakes trade secret infringement and non-compete claims.
Before joining Arent Fox, Sara was an associate at an international law firm, where she handled complex litigation matters.