Ankit is a seasoned deal attorney and legal problem-solver. He counsels multinational corporations, private equity funds, investment banks and other market participants in all aspects of their real estate investment and financing activities. Through his experience in private practice at major law firms, and as a real estate developer himself, Ankit has developed an informed perspective on dealmaking and provides actionable advice that helps clients achieve their goals and manage their risks. His expertise ranges across all asset classes with a specific emphasis on office, data centers, and retail assets. His practice includes a breadth of commercial transactions, including leasing, development and construction, acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures and other bespoke deal structures.
Ankit is an AFS Fellow, 2023 LCLD Fellow and a member of the Firm’s Diversity Committee and Associate Development Committee. He is also a member of the Firm’s Hospitality Industry Group and ESG Industry Group.
- Represent a prominent tech company in the leasing of numerous data centers throughout the country.
- Represent NASDAQ, Inc. in all aspects of the management of their global real estate portfolio, including office leases, lease amendments, lease assignments, tenant upfit work, and subleases for numerous properties throughout the globe.
- Represent Capstone Development and its joint venturers, in their capacity as hotel owners, in the acquisition, disposition, financing, and workouts of hotels throughout the United States, as well as in the ground-up development of mixed-use projects involving hotels, multifamily buildings, retail stores, and restaurants throughout the United States.
- Represent Choice Hotels International, Inc., a NYSE-listed company with more than 7,000 franchised hotels, with hotel acquisition, development, financing and joint ventures and advise on a variety of bespoke deal structures.
- Represent the Seller of an office building in purchase and sale negotiations for $203 million.
- Represent the money partner and developer in all aspects of the acquisition, financing, joint venture, development and sale of an office park in Charlotte, NC with an aggregate valuation in excess of $1.5 billion.
- Represent the Borrower in negotiations for a $488 million securitized senior credit facility and a $40 million mezzanine credit facility in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of manufactured housing parks.
- Represent investor groups in all aspects of the acquisition, financing, joint venture, development and sale of numerous industrial properties across the southwestern United States.
- Represent the money partner and developer in all aspects of the acquisition, financing, joint venture, and development of a new life sciences and technology campus for a university located in Raleigh, NC.
- Represent a Washington, D.C. landlord in negotiations of leases for space with nine (9) separate tenants ranging in size from 3,306 square feet to 25,229 square feet.
- Represent the senior lender in the origination and secondary market purchase of a senior construction loan in the amount of $106.2 million secured by an apartment complex development in northern Virginia.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- "The Hospitality Market in 2023 Q4 and 2024," AFS Perspectives (October 2023)
- "Green Financing and Tax Incentives for the Commercial Real Estate Industry," The Practical Real Estate Lawyer (May 2023)
Prior to joining ArentFox Schiff, Ankit worked in the Atlanta office of an international law firm. Prior to law school, Ankit was a real estate developer in South Carolina.
Life Beyond the Law
Ankit enjoys spending time with his wife and two daughters. He also enjoys scuba diving and fantasy football.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Georgia Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
Duke University, BA, with honors, 2008New York University School of Law, JD, 2012