Ankit counsels private equity funds, investment banks and other institutional investors in all aspects of their real estate investment and financing activities. Through his experience in private practice at major law firms, and as a real estate developer, Ankit has developed an informed perspective on supporting and achieving a client’s goals and objectives. His expertise ranges across a wide variety of commercial transactions, including senior and mezzanine financings (both borrower and lender side representations), acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, loan restructurings, and joint ventures. Recent transactions include:
- Represent the money partner in joint venture negotiations for the construction of a 33-story office tower located in Charlotte, North Carolina, that will serve as the new headquarters for Bank of America
- Represent the senior lender in the origination and secondary market purchase of a senior construction loan in the amount of $106.2 million secured by an apartment complex development in northern Virginia
- Represent the borrower in a $71.1 million financing in connection with the acquisition of seven (7) office buildings in North Carolina containing approximately 581,619 square feet of office space
- Represent a Washington, D.C. landlord in negotiations of leases for space with nine (9) separate tenants ranging in size from 3,306 square feet to 25,229 square feet
- Represent the seller in the sale of an apartment complex located in Connecticut for $54.2 million
Prior to joining ArentFox Schiff, Ankit worked in the Atlanta office of an international law firm. Prior to law school, Ankit was a real estate developer in South Carolina.
Life Beyond the Law
Ankit enjoys traveling with his wife. He is also an avid fan of fantasy football.