Brian A. Friederich
Brian provides strategic counsel regarding equity incentive plans, LLC agreements, offer letters, and consulting agreements for both companies and key employees.
Brian has experience crafting documents and descriptions for non-standardized pension plans, associated trusts, and acquisitions and restructuring transactions. Brian also has extensive experience advising C-suite executive individuals, founders and teams on employment and equity compensation packages in connections with company sales, onboarding, and separations.
- Advised founding executive management team on all compensation matters including, employment agreements, incentive equity grants, and equity rollover in connection with sale of $1 billion fintech company to private equity buyer.
- Negotiated an $8 million separation package for C-suite executive at a major pharmaceutical company.
- Advised on all employee benefits matters, including several novel legal issues, in connection with the $750 million sale of its historical CBS Television City property and studio production business to Hackman Capital Partners.
- Provided counsel to executive on compensation package and employment agreement concerning hire as president of world renowned cancer institute.
- "U.S. Department of Labor Proposes Amendments to 'Investment Duties' Regulation to Address ESG Investments," (co-author) Employee Relations Law Journal (Oct. 6, 2020)
- "What you need to know about IRS guidance on CARES Act retirement plan provisions," (co-author) Benefits Pro (Jun. 16, 2020)
- “IRS Issues Guidance on CARES Act Retirement Plan Distribution and Loan Provisions,” (co-author) Stroock Special Bulletin (May 11, 2020)
- “First Circuit holds Sun Capital Funds not liable for portfolio company withdrawal liability,” (co-author) Pratt’s Journal of Bankruptcy Law (February/March 2020)
- Brian has provided pro bono advice to numerous nonprofit entities in connection with their pensions, 401(k) plans, employment arrangements, and other employee benefit matters.