Christine Wilson Feller
Christine practices out of ArentFox Schiff's New York office at 1185 Avenue of the Americas.
Christine has significant involvement and experience in intellectual property litigation. Not only does she work with clients to develop and manage their intellectual property portfolios, ushering a client’s brand through the clearance and registration process, she also assists clients in protecting and enforcing their patent and trademark rights prior to litigation and, when necessary, in district court or in front of the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB). She also has significant involvement in advising on advertising and labeling, product liability matters, commercial disputes, and discrimination and personal injury actions.
In all of these areas, if a dispute arises, Christine knows the value of resolving matters swiftly and favorably. From enforcing a client’s trademark to negotiating co-existence agreements, she knows that sensitivity to the client’s goals and protection of its brand and reputation is absolutely essential when pursuing or resolving disputes.
Christine pays close attention to interpersonal dynamics when working with clients and strives to understand all aspects of their business. This helps her advise and guide clients through the development, management, and enforcement of their intellectual property portfolios, as well as usher a case, the client, or witnesses and employees through the discovery process, or the preparation for arbitration or mediation, with minimal disruption of their business operations.
- Representation of clients from brand clearance, through the application process and responding to trademark office actions through registration.
- Management of numerous trademark portfolios covering the U.S. as well as numerous foreign jurisdictions and across a variety of industries.
- Successfully represented Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC in obtaining a rare preliminary injunction in federal district court. The injunction barred our client’s competitor from launching a generic version of its patented formulation of levothyroxine, an injectable thyroid hormone. The District Court for the District of New Jersey granted the injunction on the basis that our client was likely to win its patent lawsuit against its competitor.
- Assisted the New York Intellectual Property Law Association as Amicus Curiae on a brief related to USPTO v. Booking.com B.V. (Feb. 19, 2020).
- Secured summary judgment in premises liability dispute and successfully defended a subsequent appeal by co-defendant, arguing before the First Department Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of New York, and achieving a final dismissal for our client.
- Favorably resolved multiple disputes over domain names involving trademarks under the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP)
- Assisted in the successful arbitration of a contract dispute, securing an award, confirming the award in state court, and enforcing the judgment against a reluctant defendant.
- Ushered contract dispute through pre-litigation negotiations, and ultimately mediation, to a favorable resolution for the client, avoiding expensive litigation in an unfavorable jurisdiction.
Boards, Memberships & Certifications
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association (Trademark and Copyright Committees 2021)
- “Advancement of Women in the Law,” (panelist) Fordham University School of Law, New York, N.Y. (Mar. 28, 2019)
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers (2021-2022)
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York Bar
- US Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
University of California, Santa Cruz, BA, 2000New York University, MA, 2002Fordham University School of Law, JD, magna cum laude, 2011