Elise H. Yu
Elise is an effective, passionate advocate for her clients whether in trial or appellate court, administrative proceedings, or pre-suit investigation and counseling. She has experience in all phases of litigation, including managing complex discovery, arguing dispositive motions, and trial.
- Successfully represented investors in business torts dispute, resulting in a favorable settlement for the client.
- Successfully first-chaired arbitrations in multiple matters involving breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- Briefed and argued a successful summary judgment motion in a declaratory judgment action on a shareholder agreement, resulting in a favorable settlement for the client.
- Assisted at trial in defense of accounting malpractice action.
Boards, Memberships & Certifications
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- State Bar of Michigan, Business Law and Litigation Sections
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- “Important Guidance on Refusal-to-Deal Cases Expected Soon,” (co-author) Corporate Counseling – The Antitrust Counselor: February 2019 Newsletter (Feb. 15 2019)
- “Monthly Antitrust Update Program for In-House Counsel,” American Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section, Corporate Counseling Committee (Jan. 10, 2019)
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers (2021-2024)
- Illinois Rising Star, Illinois Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters (2018-2021)
Bar & Court Admissions
- Illinois Bar
- Michigan Bar
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- US District Court, Western District of Michigan
University of Michigan Law School, JD, 2014University of Michigan, BA, 2010