Eric B. Hamburg
Eric focuses on transactional, regulatory and corporate governance matters for a variety of clients, primarily in the Health Care and Sports industries.
Eric’s experience includes representing national health care providers, investor groups, public and private companies, investment banks, and private equity funds in mergers, acquisitions, regulatory compliance, and various other corporate transactions.
Representations handled by Eric include, among others:
- Advised national health care providers in the transfer of operations and real estate of various health care facilities;
- Negotiated the purchase agreement, loan agreement and partnership agreement for an investor group’s purchase of 100% of the assets of a Triple-A minor league baseball team;
- Represented health care providers and medical device makers in obtaining revolving and term loans;
- Advised a sports video company in a transaction involving the sale of a minority interest to, and sales agreement with, a third-party;
- Represented borrowers and third-party operators in obtaining and transferring HUD-insured mortgages for skilled nursing facilities;
- Assisted client in the purchase of a minority interest in a major league baseball team;
- Negotiated the acquisition of a national bank by a federally-chartered thrift, including preparation of all regulatory documents related to the acquisition;
- Assisted private equity division of a bulge bracket investment bank on the acquisition of a multibillion dollar company; and
- Advised financial investors in cross-border purchase of majority equity stake in foreign company.
Prior to joining ArentFox Schiff, Eric was an associate at two prominent international law firms.
Life Beyond the Law
In his free time, Eric enjoys traveling, sports, and Nebraska football.